Director of Donor Experience/Donor Relations Manager/Major Gifts (title based on experience)
Reports to CEO
The DDE is responsible for leading all development/fundraising activities within the ALIVE Center in effort to raise funding for organization operations and its free teen Drop-In programs. This position is responsible for developing and stewarding long-term relationships with individuals, foundations and corporations capable of providing $1,000+ in financial resources. The position develops, implements, and monitors a
comprehensive fundraising plan to expand philanthropic support of the organization – including identifying and strengthening relationships with community stakeholders, actively pursuing and managing corporate and individual leads, securing major donors, fostering strong donor and sponsor
stewardship, and seeking, applying for, and managing grant funding.
Direct Report: Grant Coordinator (to be hired).
This position will require 40 hours a week, Monday – Friday from 10 am – 6 pm, mostly in the Naperville office. Some site visits to ALIVE Aurora and ALIVE Hanover Park. Some flexibility allowed.
Some responsibilities include:
* Design and implement a comprehensive fundraising plan annually which maintains the fiscal health of the organization and provides future financial resources for growth and expansion. Including but not limited to grant writing and management, corporate major giving, annual appeal development and
management, cultivation of major donors and managing a planned giving program.
* Manage a portfolio of donors at the $1,000+ giving levels, including identifying, qualifying, and cultivating prospective donors.
* Develop strong relationships within the community to foster a positive image such that companies, schools, civic organizations and individuals will make the Alive Center the local charity of choice for funding.
* Attend local area Chamber of Commerce events and deliver presentations on programs to various community, corporate and church groups.
Manage Planned Giving Program, establish and maintain relationships with members of the ALIVE Legends Society.
* Responsible for tracking of all donations and donors through Virtuous CRM database. Use the automation features of the database to build donor relationships and move donors to higher levels of giving.
Work collaboratively with Marketing and Events Lead and event committee to offer management, production, and oversight of fundraising events.
* 5 years of experience in a nonprofit development role preferred
* Proven fundraising success including securing Major Donors
* Experience in grant writing and management
* Nonprofit database management experience preferred
Pay Rate: $60,000 – $75,000 based on experience